- When taking money out from an ATM, don´t take out too much. What is too much? Keep it under $2000 for sure, better to keep it at or under $1500. Try not to take out money at night, unless it is in a very busy area. Keep an eye on your surroundings when entering and leaving the ATM.
- Keep an eye on your stuff, at all times!!! Always hold on to it, don´t just assume you´ll notice if someone tries to take something. This is especially important in restaurants, bars, and crowded areas.
- If possible, stay at home with your laptop. This may not be ideal, as it is always nice to get out of the house or hostel or hotel. However, in the end, it is much safer. If you do go to a cyber cafe or a place with WiFi, go to a really busy one, like Aroma.
- If you are walking around quiet neighborhoods at night, try to make sure you are not alone. It’s better if you are with at least one other person. If you are female, this is even more important.
- It is fine to use the radio taxis. They are all different companies, but for the most part, they are quite safe (although they love to rip you off). However, if you can remember, take down the number in the circle on the side of the taxi in case something happens. This way, you can track down who committed the crime. Also, do your best to act like you know what your doing and you know where you are going.
- Make sure you know of the dangerous places in the city of buenos aires
- Avoid demonstrations. In Buenos Aires, there are demonstrations every week, sometimes daily. Although they are usually ok, they can get dangerous, and it is always better to avoid them. Even most Argentines will avoid demonstrations.
- If someone tries to mug you, give them what they want. They generally have a weapon, and are not afraid to use it. Cooperate, and usually there are no further problems.
Follow these tips and use your common sense, and you are much less likely to have anything happen to you. Make sure you always carry around documentation, and know what to do if something does happen to you. It is always important to stay aware in Buenos Aires, even if you feel safe. Doing so will ensure you make the best out of your time here.
No related posts.